Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I spent about an hour experimenting with some scraps. I have to make some "mug rugs" for our Modern Quilting Guild meeting.
I started by sewing some scraps together, then cutting them apart on an angle.

Then sewing them back together.

This idea below is one I have been wanting to try. When you sew the pieces back together, it is tricky getting the opposite sides to match up. I ended up sewing the strip on one side, and then trimming the ends of the strip to be flush with the block, then sewing the other side on.

Here are my results. It was fun, I definately learned a few things! I will have a few "mug rugs" to give out to my kids' teachers at Christmas time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment