Monday, May 9, 2016

Creatively Yours Zipper Pouch

I love those little mini charm packs! As a pattern designer, I am always thinking how I can use these precuts to make something fun. I like to just use one pack, because if you need two, it is the same price as a Charm Pack (5" squares), which seems a little wasteful. Agh....my sound logic can be such a downer.

Here are some of the projects I have come up with for mini charms packs. This is my newest. I wanted something fun to bring to Quilt Market this year. This type of pattern is nice for classes and retreats. People can make several to give out to friends and family, after they make one or two for themselves :)  The variety of colors and fabrics comes together so nicely, and you just need one fat quarter for the bottom and lining. Picking out the zipper is half the fun of the bag, with all of the gorgeous colors to choose from.




This pattern below is for three different pillows. Each pillow is made with one mini charm pack! If you want to be economical, you can buy one Charm Pack and cut all of the 2 1/2" squares yourself, ops, is that too practical??



I don't blog much, and oddly enough one of my old posts is on MINI CHARM PACKS. Why am I seemly obsessed by these little guys?? I don't want to repeat my older post, but I will show you a few pictures of my older mini charm patterns. These two are equally addictive and also great for classes and retreats. If you want to have a class making any of these projects, ask your local quilt shop, I bet they will say yes!
Basket of Charms pattern

Mini Charm Drawstring Bag

I hope I have inspired you to break out your mini charm squares and make a few things! Here is another idea. Next time you work with a jelly roll, save the scraps! I always cut my jelly roll scraps into 2 1/2" squares and put them in a little baggie, so sometimes I don't even have to buy one of these little guys. Happy Sewing!




3 comments: